Sunday, July 12, 2009

CBGB's, NY, NY 12/5/94 Shimmy-Disc Kramer benefit show










I saw TMJ at CBGB's the night of the Shimmy-Disc/Kramer benefit show. The venue was pretty empty, Jay was under-the-weather, Bill was still very new in the band and Tim was very loose. It was still a very enjoyable show. They played a few new songs - "Half Life", "A Texas Sunday", "I'm Your Wallet" and a song that bore more than a passing resemblance to The Kings' "Switchin' To Glide" - "Weak". I was able to obtain a soundboard copy of the show from a fan who got my attention as I filmed it. Granted I drank a bit too much, which affected my filming technique, as the band went on later than I'd anticipated.

Regardless, it's still one of my favorite TMJ concert experiences.

The photo of Bill, Tim & Penn Jillette performing the Bongos, Bass, & Bob hit "Clothes Of The Dead" was swiped from Joybuzzer (issue #7) and was taken by Emily Cameron. Pulse! Magazine (top), Good Times Newspaper (middle) and a listing for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment